Get In Touch
Petteri 'PP' Pertola (email@example.com)
firstname.lastname@example.org - forwarding address to ALL writers.
FOR INFORMATION ON REVIEW SUBMISSIONS PLEASE READ SECTION "REVIEW SUBMISSIONS"
All questions and inquiries should be sent to Petteri 'PP' Pertola as above. All promotional material, such as press releases, band news, including us on your mailing list, etc, should be sent to email@example.com which forwards to all of our writers. Please note that sending us email does NOT guarantee it will be posted as a news item, otherwise our news feed would be overwhelmingly clogged.
Individual staff members can be contacted at our staff page.
We accept music submissions from all styles and genres except: hip hop, pop, dance music, and similar. Excluding rap rock, electronic rock and stuff like that, of course. We do NOT accept singles. Re-issues will very rarely be reviewed. We do not review singles or EPs with less than three songs on them.
You are welcome to send us a copy of your music in digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are some guidelines:
- We will NOT review from a stream.
- All files and promotional material sent to us MUST BE packed into a ZIP / RAR archive and sent using Dropbox or similar (create an account, upload the files to a folder, then share the folder with email@example.com).
- We will also accept direct downloads from your own site, iPool, Bandcamp, or similar.
- Yousendit.com or other expiring links are NOT accepted.
- Links from cyberlocker services (sendspace.com, etc) which limit simultaneous downloads or have a download limit per hour/day are NOT accepted.
- Files MUST BE in MP3 format - if you send us incompatible files, your release will not be reviewed.
- Always include the following: short bio, track listing, release date, label (if you have one), contact email address.
Jens Otto Krags Gade 7, 3, nr2
2300 Koebenhavn S
Physical CD/DVD Submissions:
Please post all review/promotional material to the address seen on the picture of an envelope.
We prefer digital press kits because they are easier for us to handle, keep track of, and they spare unnecessary expenses like shipping, packaging and so on. No envelopes are needed, no airplanes, no postal service cars, no physical medium. So please, do the right thing; save the world by sending us stuff in digital form.
NOTE: Because we try to review every submission, the sheer volume of albums we receive can be overwhelming. Please be patient for up to eight weeks before bothering us about when your release will be reviewed. Doing so will only reduce the likelihood it will happen anytime soon. If you submit us your release for review purposes, you must have faith in our ability to do it fairly. Sometimes we love your music, sometimes we hate it, sometimes we are indifferent. Complaining afterwards will only make you look stupid.
Become A Writer
Have you always dreamed about becoming a music journalist? In that case, we want to hear from you.
- Excellent level of written English
- Ability to contribute on a weekly basis (at the bare minimum)
- Insatiable curiosity and interest in discovering new music
- Strong background knowledge in at least one style of music
Here's what you'll get from us in return:
- A ton of free music every week
- Free access to live shows and festivals
- Chance to meet and interview some of your favorite artists
- Invaluable journalistic experience that looks great on a CV
If this sounds interesting to you, send us a sample review in the same format as those you see on our site (or proof / samples of previous work), as well as a short application detailing why you would like to write for us, your favorite music genres, and whatever else you think we might be interested in. All of this should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertise On Rockfreaks.net
For all enquiries about pricing, technical details, campaigns, etc, contact Petteri 'PP' Pertola at email@example.com.