Introducing Matt Knutson (MK)

If there's something happening in the rock scenes that we haven't already posted, and you think it's worth noting, post it here and we will credit you in the actual news post!

Moderators: xre, Echelon

hellbound1345
Normal

Introducing Matt Knutson (MK)

Post by hellbound1345 »

Hey everyone,

I'm Matt Knutson, a new Junior Writer here at Rockfreaks. I live in sunny Santa Barbara, California, where I'm studying English literature at UCSB. I'm originally from San Diego, which is about 3 hours south of where I live now. I'm 20 years old and I've been a diligent student of heavy metal for nearly the last ten years. I grew up on rock and listened to Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin and AC/DC before I got into metal. I first heard Metallica's "Battery" in the 7th grade, and I've been obsessing about metal, from all genres, countries, and time periods, ever since. I have a very broad taste in music, but I usually end up listening to metal at the end of the day. Some of my favorite bands include Bad Religion, Averse Sefira, Slayer, Dead Can Dance, King Crimson, The Misfits, Boards of Canada, and Morbid Angel. In music, I generally value honesty of intent over other factors. Contributing to Rockfreaks combines my two main hobbies, writing and geeking over metal, so it goes without saying that I'm excited to start writing reviews!

—MK
E W
Elite

Re: Introducing Matt Knutson (MK)

Post by E W »

Howdy!
exehh
Advanced

Post by exehh »

Welcome to the crew Matt. I can't even begin to describe how awesome it is to have you and Neil on board, able to attend shows which will probably never take place over here in Europe, least of all here in Denmark.
McCormick
Normal

Post by McCormick »

Ha! Score 2 for the American writers! We are... TAKING OVER :)
McCormick ~dIRtyDeeDS :\
xre
Site Admin

Post by xre »

hey hey, and welcome :D It'll be a busy time ahead, but you'll like it!
viZ^
Elite

Post by viZ^ »

'sup dude, I was liking me your trial review, so am looking forward to seeing some produce from your hands. I would say it's nice to have a fellow student of English literature on board, but in reality, saying that I really do any studying would be stretching it. Anyway, blablabla, welcome aboard.
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/viZ/?chartstyle=recenttracks1][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/recenttracks1/recenttracks/viZ.gif[/img][/url]
hellbound1345
Normal

Post by hellbound1345 »

Thanks for the warm welcome!
viZ^ wrote:'sup dude, I was liking me your trial review, so am looking forward to seeing some produce from your hands. I would say it's nice to have a fellow student of English literature on board, but in reality, saying that I really do any studying would be stretching it. Anyway, blablabla, welcome aboard.
I can definitely relate with that. I'm stoked to have added Rockfreaks to my growing list of paper-writing distractions.