Introducing... Neil McCormick (New JW)

If there's something happening in the rock scenes that we haven't already posted, and you think it's worth noting, post it here and we will credit you in the actual news post!

Moderators: xre, Echelon

McCormick
Normal

Introducing... Neil McCormick (New JW)

Post by McCormick »

Fellow Freaks of Rock,
Hi, I'm the new junior writer. This is my formal introduction. My name is Neil. I'm 21, living in Northern California, US. It's where I was born & raised. It's not so bad. We have the pacific coast and cultural attractions like Hollywood and metropolitan San Francisco. Mostly every good band in the world eventually plays a gig here. Next to writing album reviews for this glorious website, I work in retail at the local mall. It's a store called Anchor Blue that's pretty popular in this country. Also, I attend college full time. I'm studying communications, public relations and fine art. It's a small little college but soon I'll transfer to a bigger, more important one. Hopefully, I can find time in the future to study film and move on to become a director. If you ask anyone that knows me, they'll tell you my favorite thing in the world is music! Specifically, rock music. I first remember becoming a fan when I watched Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries, with her shaved head, sing "Zombie" in 1994. Before that, my rebellious, headbanging mum brought me up on grunge bands like Pearl Jam. She had split with my dad and we were between homes for a while. All she had to keep her going was her music. I adopted a deep-rooted love for rock & roll at that time. It sheltered me from a rough upbringing. The first record I ever bought with my own savings was Mechanical Animals by Marilyn Manson. I was 10. I liked mostly powerful music with darker themes. Since then I've grown to love a wide range of rock tunes. Some favorites: The Strokes, Icarus Witch, Oceana, Circa Survive, Mars Volta, Black Keys, Pierce the Veil, Bring Me The Horizon... to name a few. To me, music is an art that pegs critical emotions. We can relate to it, body and soul and be assured that we're not the only ones going through what we're going through. Creating a sincere buzz about the stuff is a surefire way of prolonging our enthusiasm. We lust after it like fiends! That's why it's rockfreaks and not rockfans. Anyway, glad to contribute.
Cheers,
Neil McCormick
McCormick ~dIRtyDeeDS :\
deadelement
Advanced

Re: Introducing... Neil McCormick (New JW)

Post by deadelement »

Hello and welcome to the team!

by the way did you accept my MSN request?
viZ^
Elite

Post by viZ^ »

tl;dr - you two are the only active people in this part of the forum :D
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/viZ/?chartstyle=recenttracks1][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/recenttracks1/recenttracks/viZ.gif[/img][/url]
deadelement
Advanced

Post by deadelement »

Stop exaggerating
viZ^
Elite

Post by viZ^ »

sorry, forgot to count myself. 3 people. my bad
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/viZ/?chartstyle=recenttracks1][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/recenttracks1/recenttracks/viZ.gif[/img][/url]
exehh
Advanced

Post by exehh »

Welcome to the crew!
McCormick
Normal

Post by McCormick »

deadelement wrote:Hello and welcome to the team!

by the way did you accept my MSN request?
I, um... accepted everything I received? Thanks for the warm welcomes and such... but... no bizarre initiation rites? disappointing :(
exehh
Advanced

Post by exehh »

You're on the wrong continent for bizarre initiation rites... Us writers in Denmark (or the UK) would have been very happy to reduce your soul to the filth that ours already are as a result of this 'hobby' =)
McCormick
Normal

Post by McCormick »

exehh wrote:You're on the wrong continent for bizarre initiation rites... Us writers in Denmark (or the UK) would have been very happy to reduce your soul to the filth that ours already are as a result of this 'hobby' =)
admirable sacrifice!