Albums you're most excited for in 2011?

Music discussion....fire it up!

Moderators: xre, Echelon

Skyum
Competent

Albums you're most excited for in 2011?

Post by Skyum »

The thread continues!

In 2010 I was looking forward to the as yet untitled new The Arcane Order album which has been postponed since 2009. It should come out in 2011. Gief.

Judging by the songs that have been released from the new Amon Amarth album, it's not going to be anywhere near Twilight of the Thunder God, but it is another album I'm looking forward to.

Apart from those two I'm excited about the new albums from Obscura, Panzerchrist, Necrophagist, Krisiun, Altar of Plagues and uhm.. Wintersun (yeah right).
AirIndex
Advanced

Re: Albums you're most excited for in 2011?

Post by AirIndex »

Thrice
Sleepmakeswaves
Balance And Composure
Explosions In The Sky
Manchester Orchestra
Oceana
La Dispute
Man Overboard
Funeral For A Friend
The Wonder Years
A Backward Glance On A Travel Road
Flood of Red
This Will Destroy You
Anything from Hawkboy
The Felix Culpa/The Dear Hunter split
.....................................Brand New?

(off the top of my head)

Also, a second Radiohead release?
Skyum
Competent

Post by Skyum »

AirIndex wrote:A Backward Glance On A Travel Road
I didn't know this was coming out! Definitely looking forward to that as well, the first one was a masterpiece.
exehh
Advanced

Post by exehh »

Between The Buried And Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues
Defeater - Empty Days & Sleepless Nights
dredg - Chuckles & Mr. Squeezy
Ebola (The Psyke Project / As We Fight split)
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
The Haunted - Unseen
Protest The Hero - Scurrilous
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dr. Johnny Skinz's Disproportionately Rambunctious Polar Express Machine-head
Supercharger - That's How We Roll
Thrice - N/A
Thursday - No Devolución
viZ^
Elite

Post by viZ^ »

Let's see, there was Siamese Fighting Fish, but their album is already out - I hear they're going to record more stuff later this year though, so maybe still reason to be stoked there. Otherwise it comes down to three things I am massively excited about, and then all the things I'm mildly curious about:

Emery - We Do What We Want
Taking Back Sunday - TBA
Darkest Hour - The Human Romance (this is already out though, I just haven't had time to absorb it yet)

Those are obviously some of my favourite bands, so I have a raging boner for the thought of new songs by them. Other than them, there are a couple of things I'm interested in as well.

Death Cab For Cutie - Codes And Keys // Death Cab are sooooo consistent, so I'm pretty sure this is going to be really good
A Lot Like Birds - anything new at all // Hey, Kurt Travis is in the band now = very interested TL
Alesana - TBA // Been liking these cheeky dudes more for each new album, so I'm also quite confident I'll like this
Saosin - ??? // I think I'll hope to my dying day, that Saosin find a new singer, turn their ship around, and restore but a fragment of their former glory. Could this be the year?
Twin Atlantic - Free // they're promising, they're scottish, they have epic tunes - can't wait
The Xcerts - ??? // From an interview it sounded like these guys intended to release pretty much an album a year, so here's to hoping that happens
Lostprophets - ??? // This album has already been recorded I think, and as usual LP are promising bigger and better things - Always interesting to see how they measure up
Panic! At The Disco - Vices and Virtues // I have a feeling this is going to really suck, but hey, we'll see
Dance Gavin Dance - Downtown Battle Mountain pt. 2 // same expectations as for P!atd
The Twilight Sad - they're promising, they're scottish, see a pattern here?

There might be a few more things, but I can't think of them right now
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/viZ/?chartstyle=recenttracks1][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/recenttracks1/recenttracks/viZ.gif[/img][/url]